Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Duration: 12 Days
Based on 1 Review
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Hiking & Trekking
Transport: Private Vehicle
Food: Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner(BLD)
Accommodation: Hotel & Guest house
Group Size: 2-12
Max Elevation: 4,120m/14,140ft
Best Season: Autumn (last September to November) and Spring (mid-March to mid-May)
- The trail passes through dense forests of rhododendron, pine, oak, arid desert terrain, and picturesque villages.
- See stunning scenery throughout the trek.
- Experience vibrant culture & tradition.
- Observe glorious sunrise from Poonhill.
- Pass by numerous monasteries, gompas, mani walls, chortens, temples, and prayer flags that will enrich your journey spiritually.
- See amazing views of Annapurna Range, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, and many other mountains.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a classic trekking trail in the Annapurna Himalaya that will take you to the vicinity of the world's tenth highest mountain, Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m). The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is also one of the most popular trekking trails of Nepal and is trekked by hundreds of trekkers every year. The trek includes dramatic mountain scenery along with rich culture and tradition. The trail will also provide the opportunity to trek in the world's deepest gorge, the Kali Gandaki gorge. Going through dense forests of rhododendron, fir, bamboo & oak, terraced farms, fine valleys, and picturesque villages, you will see stunning Himalayan scenery. Snowland Adventure has professionally composed our 12-days Annapurna Base Camp Trek that will give you lifelong memories of a classic Himalayan trail. In addition, we will also design a tailor-made trek. So, do share your ideal trek with us and we will organize it for you.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trekking you will pass through several small villages populated by people from different ethnic backgrounds such as Gurungs, Thakalis, Tamangs, Magars, and Chhetris. This makes the entire region extremely rich in culture. You will experience the lifestyle, culture, tradition, and values of people living in this region. The Annapurna region is also rich in vegetation. The trail will allow you to see many species of flora and fauna. You will see incredible views of Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Manaslu (8,156 m), and Mt. Lamjung (6,983 m), and Tibetan Himalayan Ranges from Annapurna Base Camp. In addition, you will also hike to Poon Hill, which is famous for its breathtaking sunrise and sunset with the Himalayas as the backdrop. Every trekking route in Nepal requires a trekking permit and TIMS card for a single entry. Snowland Adventure is an authorized trekking agency who can obtain special trekking permits for restricted asnd non-restricted trekking areas of Nepal
Day 01Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400m) and transfer to hotel
Day 02Drive to Pokhara (900m) in a tourist vehicle, 7-8 hrs
Day 03Drive to Nayapul (1,070m) and trek to Tikhedhunga (1,540m), 4 hrs
Day 04Trek to Ghorepani (2,840m), 5 hrs
Day 05Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210m) and trek to Tadapani (2,610m), 6 hrs
Day 06Trek to Chomrong (2,170m), 5 hrs
Day 07Trek to Himalaya Hotel (2,950m), 6 hrs
Day 08Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m), 7 hrs
Day 09Trek to Bamboo Village (2,345 m) – 6 hrs
Day 10Trek to Jhinu (1,780 m) – 5 hrs
Day 11Trek to Nayapul (1,010 m), drive to Pokhara – 5.5 hours and guided tour of Barahi Temple and Fewa Lake
Day 12Drive Back to Kathmandu (1,400 m) in a tourist Vehicle, 7-8 hours
- Airport pickup/drop off by a private vehicle.
- All ground transportation in a private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Standard accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Teahouse/guesthouse accommodation during the trek.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek as per teahouse/guest house menu.
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- English-speaking government-licensed guide and assistant guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS).
- Porter service..
- Free trekking bag/duffel bag, T-shirt, and trekking map to take home.
- Down jacket & sleeping bag provided by Snowland Treks & Expedition (to be returned after trip completion).
- Staff expenses (salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation).
- First aid kit.
- All government and local taxes.
- Extra official expenses.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain due to any reason outside of the scheduled Itinerary.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s), and driver(s).
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, hot & cold drinks, phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned in 'Cost Includes' as above.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek route:
Your Annapurna Base Camp Trek begins with a long and scenic drive to Pokhara. Pokhara is the gateway to all the treks in the Annapurna Himalaya. From Pokhara, you will drive on a dirt road to reach Nayapul and hike to Tikhedhunga. The trail from here will take you to beautiful Ghorepani village surrounded by lovely rhododendron forests and mountains. The next day, you will wake up early in the morning and hike up to Poon Hill to see the incredible sumptuous sunrise. After spending some time here, you will descend to Ghorepani, have your breakfast, and head towards Tadapani. Then, you will ascend all the way up to Deurali via Chhomrong and Dovan along the forested trail. The trail from Deurali will take you to Annapurna Base Camp where you will spend a night. Then, you will descend to Bamboo, and then to Jhinu Danda, where you will have an opportunity to relax your sore muscles in a natural hot spring. You will then head to Pokhara and your adventurous Annapurna Base Camp Trek comes to end.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek difficulty:
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a moderate trek. The trail will include several steeps ascents and descents on a rugged path, therefore, you need to be in good shape to go on this trek. You do not need to have prior trekking experience to go on this trek. Moreover, Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a perfect trek for novice trekkers to introduce themselves to the Himalayan trails.
Best time to go on Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
Autumn (end September to November) and Spring (mid-March to mid-May) is the best time to go on Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Snowland Adventure is a team of enthusiastic workers, and our guest's safety and comfort is our team's priority. We will make sure, that with us, this trip will become a lifelong memory. For any information regarding the Annapurna base camp trek itinerary or Annapurna base camp Trek cost, feel free to contact us anytime.
Due to global warming, the weather in the mountain and hilly region has become more unpredictable. Because of this, we are facing some problems with bad weather, heavy rainfall, landslides, blocked highways, and flight delays or even cancellations. Sometimes because of the road traffic, we are unable to arrive on time. It may happen at any time of the year because we cannot predict the weather conditions and other situations outside of our control. Therefore, if possible, we would like to suggest adding an extra day before your international flight. If everything is going well, you have a beautiful day to visit any interesting place in the historical city.