Chulu West Peak Climbing
Duration: 18 Days
Trip Difficulty: Streneous
Trip Style: Peak Climbing
Food: Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner(BLD)
Accommodation: Hotel & Guest house
Max Elevation: 6,461m/ 21,190ft
Best Season: Spring (April to May) and Autumn (October to November)
- Scenic drive to Besisahar.
- Observe stunning scenery throughout the climb.
- Summit Chulu West Peak.
- Trek through picturesque villages.
- Experience rich culture and tradition.
- Pass by dense forests of rhododendron, bamboo, fir & juniper.
- Panoramic views of Annapurna range, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal.
Chulu West Peak Climbing will take you to the Annapurna region in western Nepal. It is one of the best climbing peaks of Annapurna Himalayas. Begin part of the Damodar Himal range of Manang, Chulu West Peak Climbing will also provide you the opportunity to trek through some of the finest villages of Nepal. You can also add Annapurna Circuit Trek with your Chulu West Peak Climbing to have an ultimate experience of Annapurna region. As a matter of fact, there are two Chulu Peaks, Chulu East, and Chulu West. We, Snowland Treks & Expedition is far beyond excited to present you our professionally designed Chulu West Peak Climbing itinerary. Moreover, we also organize tailor-made climbing trips, therefore, feel free to share your dream climbing journey with us. We will make sure to fulfill your needs as precisely as we can.
Chulu West Peak Climbing is a perfect package for those who are in a quest to find true adventure and a little more challenges in the Annapurna region. Chulu West Peak is known as one of the best vantage points to view Annapurna range and other surrounding mountains. You will get to see stunning sceneries from the summit of Chulu West Peak as well as throughout the trail. During your journey, you will pass by several small villages and lush green forests of juniper, fir, bamboo & rhododendron that will enrich your journey with both culturally and naturally. As you will pass by villages, you will get to experience the lifestyle, culture, and tradition of locals. Annapurna region is highly dominated by people from both Hindu and Buddhist communities. Therefore you will get a perfect blend of cultural experience. Likewise, panoramic views of Annapurna range (8,091 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Nilgiri (7,061 m), and other Himalaya peaks will blow your mind and boost your soul. No doubt, Chulu West Peak Climbing will give you a lifetime experience that will stay with you for your lifetime.
Day 01Kathmandu – Dumre – Besi Sahar
Day 02Besi Sahar – Ngadi (930 m)
Day 03Ngadi – Syange (1,190 m)
Day 04Syange – Tal (1,675 m)
Day 05Tal – Lattemarang (2,450 m)
Day 06Lattemarang – Pisang (3,185 m)
Day 07Pisang – Manang (3,535 m)
Day 08Rest day at Manang
Day 09Manang – Letdar (4,250 m)
Day 10Letdar – Chulu West Base camp (4,900 m)
Day 11-14Climbing period
Day 15Letdar – Thorung Phedi (4,420 m)
Day 16Thorung Phedi – Thorung La (5,416 m) – Muktinath (3,800 m)
Day 17Muktinath – Kagbeni – Jomsom (2,713 m)
Day 18Jomsom – Pokhara by flight
Day 09Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Airport pickup/drop by a private vehicle.
- All ground transportation on a private vehicle as per the Itinerary.
- Standard accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast as per Itinerary.
- Teahouse/guest house accommodation during the trek.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek as per Teahouse/guest house menu.
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- English-speaking government-licensed guide and assistant guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS).
- Porter service.
- Free trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map to take back with yourself.
- Down jacket & sleeping bag provided by Snowland Treks & Expedition (to be returned after trip completion).
- Staff expenses (salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation).
- First aid kit.
- All government and local taxes.
- Extra official expenses.
- International Airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain due to any reason than the scheduled Itinerary.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s), and driver(s).
- Personal trekking gears.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, hot & cold drinks, phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned in the Price Include part.
Chulu West Peak Climbing route
Chulu West Peak Climbing begins with a long drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar. From Besisahar, you will ascend all the way up to Manang via Bahundanda, Sange, Thonje, Chame, and Pisang. You will take an acclimatization day in Manang and explore the village. Further, you will head towards Ledder and gradually ascend to Chulu West Base Camp. Next day, you will hike up to High Camp. On this day, you will also get small training from your guide about basic uses of gear like rope, crampons, and ax. You will then summit the Chulu West Peak. From the top of the peak, you will get to see the spectacular scenery of the Annapurna Region. Spending some time at the summit, you will slowly and carefully descend down to base camp. Following the same route, you will trek down to Besisahar and drive back to Kathmandu.
Chulu West Peak Climbing difficulty
Chulu West Peak Climbing is a difficult journey in the Annapurna region. The trail is steep, rugged, and include several technical climbing sections. Therefore, you have to be in strong physical condition with good stamina, determination, and ample health. Plus, previous trekking experience will help you a lot during the Chulu West Peak Climbing.
Best time to go on Chulu West Peak Climbing
Autumn (Sep-Oct-Nov) and Spring (March-April-May) is the best time to go on Chulu West Peak Climbing. For any information regarding Chulu West Peak Climbing itinerary or Chulu West Peak Climbing cost feel free to contact us anytime.