Lobuche Peak Climbing
Duration: 18 Days
Trip Difficulty: Streneous
Trip Style: Peak Climbing
Food: Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner(BLD)
Accommodation: Hotel & Guest house
Max Elevation: 6,119m/20,075ft
Best Season: Spring (April to May) and Autumn (October to November)
- Scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla..
- Feel the warmth of Sherpa culture and tradition.
- Adventurous trail.
- Explore Everest Base Camp.
- Beautiful sunrise from Kala Patthar viewpoint.
- Explore Tengboche monastery, the oldest and largest monastery of Khumbu region.
- Summit Lobuche Peak.
- Panoramic views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Nuptse.
Lobuche Peak Climbing is the most famous peak climbing among the climbers who are looking for some extra adventure and challenges in the Everest region. Lobuche Peak Climbing also act as a warm-up for many mountaineers who are contemplating to summit higher mountains. Situated above the Lobuche village, Lobuche Peak has two main peaks; Lobuche East (6,145 m) and Lobuche Far East (6,119 m). Both peaks are located nearby Mt. Everest (8,848 m). From the top of the Lobuche Peak, you will get to see most stunning views of surrounding Himalayas. We, Snowland Treks & Expedition has professionally designed our Lobuche Peak Climbing itinerary including Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar viewpoint to make the journey even more exciting and stunning.
Lobuche Peak Climbing is more difficult than Island Peak climbing. As the trail of Lobuche Peak Climbing includes more technical climbing than Island Peak. From the summit of Lobuche Peak, you will get to see one of the most extravagant views of the Everest region probably seen by only a handful of travelers. You will get to see panoramic views of Mt. Everest (8,848 m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Nuptse (7,855 m), Mt. Pumori (7,161 m), Mt. Ama Dablam (6,856 m), Mt. Baruntse (7,720 m), Mt. Thamserku (6,623 m), Mt. Makalu (8,475 m), and numerous other mountains. Along with scenic views and an adventurous trail, you will also become part of the local communities even for a short period of time. The journey will take you close with the Serpas and other people allowing you to experience tradition, culture, and daily lifestyle of them. Moreover, on the way, you will pass by Tengboche monastery, the biggest monastery of the Khumbu region.
Day 01Arrival at Kathmandu international Airport (1,350m/4,428ft)
Day 02Preparation day (1,350m/4,428ft)
Day 03Fly to Lukla ( 2,800m/9184ft) and trek to Phakding (2,652m/8,698ft)
Day 04Phakding to Namche Bazar (3,440m/11,283ft); 5-6 hrs
Day 05Acclimatization day at Namche Bazar
Day 06Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,684ft); 6 hrs
Day 07Tengboche to Dingboche (4,400m/14,435ft); 5-6 hrs
Day 08Rest day at Dingboche
Day 09Dingboche to Lobuche (4,900m/16,076ft); 6-7 hrs
Day 10Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5180m/16,994ft) to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17598); 7-8 hrs
Day 11Gorak Shep to Lobuche Base Camp; 5-6 hrs
Day 12Lobuche Base Camp: acclimatization day
Day 13Summit Lobuche East and return to base camp; 8-9 hrs
Day 14Lobuche Base Camp to Dingboche- 5-6 hrs
Day 15Dingboche to Namche Bazar; 6-7 hrs
Day 16Namche Bazaar to Lukla via Phakding; 7-8 hrs
Day 17Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 18Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport pickup/drop by a private vehicle.
- All ground transportation on a private vehicle as per the Itinerary.
- Standard accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast as per Itinerary.
- Teahouse/guest house accommodation during the trek.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek as per Teahouse/guest house menu.
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- English-speaking government-licensed guide and assistant guide.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS).
- Porter service.
- Free trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map to take back with yourself.
- Down jacket & sleeping bag provided by Snowland Treks & Expedition (to be returned after trip completion).
- Staff expenses (salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation).
- First aid kit.
- All government and local taxes.
- Extra official expenses.
- International Airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain due to any reason than the scheduled Itinerary.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s), and driver(s).
- Personal trekking gears.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, hot & cold drinks, phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned in the Price Include part.
Lobuche Peak Climbing route
Lobuche Peak Climbing begins with an exciting flight to Lukla. From here onwards, you will trek all the way up to Namche Bazar, the famous tourist hub of Khumbu region. Resting a day here, you will ascend to Tengboche where you will visit Tengboche monastery, the oldest and biggest monastery of the region. You will then continue trekking and reach Everest Base Camp. Spending a night at Gorak Shep, you will hike up to Kala Patthar for amazing sunrise view. Later, same day, you will descend down to Lobuche. From here, you will gradually ascend towards the Lobuche Peak. You will also have a contingency day to cover the trip in case of bad weather. After summiting the Lobuche Peak, you will descend down to Namche Bazar and to Lukla to fly back to Kathmandu.
Lobuche Peak Climbing difficulty
Lobuche Peak Climbing is challenging climbing. The trail includes more technical climb, steep ascends, and glacial walks. You have to trek 6 to 7 hours on average on a daily basis. Therefore, strong physical fitness with good health and determination is needed to do Lobuche Peak Climbing.
Best time to go on Lobuche Peak Climbing
Spring (April to May) and Autumn (October to November) is the best time to go on Lobuche Peak Climbing. For any information regarding Lobuche Peak Climbing itinerary or Lobuche Peak Climbing cost feel free to contact us anytime.